Followers

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Muslims and Mormons

Something occurred to me last night as I thought about political battles in this day and age. I've heard people accuse President Obama of being Muslim, and I've heard Mitt Romney take quite a bit of heat for being Mormon.

It got me thinking.  Muhammad Ali is a national treasure.  He was picked to represent America by lighting the Olympic torch in Atlanta.  He is often voted as the most important American sports figure in history, yet he is a self-proclaimed Muslim.

Donny and Marie Osmond, along with their siblings, have always been viewed as a clean cut, wholesome American family. They've been in the spotlight their entire lives, and with the exception of a suicide in their clan, I can say they've fared much better than some other people in the public eye.

Anyway, I guess I'd just like it if people could think along the lines of health and taxes, and leave, God, Allah, Buddha, Santa Clause...etc, out of it.

12 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Amen, brutha, amen!!

Brian Miller said...

ha...people will find something to pick out about them no matter....i was on a field trip last night and the head of the Republicans for our county made sure to tell the students that he knew the lazy blacks obama came from...and that obamas brother lived in a coffin....not sure what that means but...seriously...

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

I live for the day when there is truly separation of church and state.

Lisa Regan said...

Me too!

Unknown said...

It certainly would be nice if church and state could be held separately. Unfortunately, it probably won't happen. There are too many small minded people in the world still.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I found last night's debate to be enlightening. No, I did not learn anything about the issues that plague our nation. I saw two rude men talking over each other and trying to one-up each other. Both men were too concerned about proving the other wrong and neither addressed the questions posed to any satisfaction. I have decided ...... I don't like my choices!

ReformingGeek said...

Amen to that!

Lisa said...

Ron Paul 2012! :)

(please don't give me a flak about it, I just can't help myself)

by the way, I'm oceangirl :)

Joanna Jenkins said...

Amen to that! Enough already.
jj

Mrs. M said...

Another amen from me!!

Anonymous said...

well said

Unknown said...

I wish you much fun with my comments, perhaps this blog will be a great blog someday I hope, I really liked this part of the article, with a big and interesting topic has helped a lot of people who don't oppose things that people should know, thanks a lot.